December 2016 – Present
Producer, Workflow Management Algorithms, Smart Logistics
- Support of the Workflow Management Algorithms Team (ADDAMS) in process development, organization and delivery. Guidance through two team splits and domain product reorganization.
- Driver for the Logistics Algorithms Architectural Taskforce which meets twice weekly, including facilitation of agenda setting and moderation of meetings.
- Extensive experience with moderation, including retrospectives. Trainings in the leading of business value driven product workshops and conflict resolution.
May 2013 – March 2016
Project Manager, Data Analytics Team
- Product management of the development and promotion of the Cicero Data Service, an API for address matching of legislative districts and elected official information. The Cicero database contains information on over 22,000 elected officials and 680,000 legislative and non-legislative geographic districts in nine countries. Cicero provides services through API, batch processing and data licensing.
- Agile management of data analytics projects for nonprofit, private and government clients. The Data Analytics team specializes in the assembly, analysis and visualization of data to support organizational decision making.
- Community Advocacy work including:
- Facilitation, promotion and organization of the Summer of Maps program providing grants of data analysis and mapping to nonprofits and funded fellowships and guidance to exceptional students of GIS and mapping.
- Founder and organizer of GeoPhilly, a community group for mapmakers, geo practitioners and enthusiasts in Philadelphia. Organized over 30 events and facilitated a group with nearly 1,000 members.
- Serving as Community Chair for 2016 Free and Open Source for GeoSpatial Conference, North America (FOSS4G NA).
City of Philadelphia
May 2011 – May 2013
GIS Specialist II, Office of Innovation and Technology
- Support of the City’s Open Data Initiative by verifying, preparing and publishing data to the public via OpenDataPhilly. Facilitation of the Right to Know request process for all external requests for City maintained spatial data. Served as an active member of the Open Data Working Group established by Mayoral Executive Order and secretary to the Geospatial Data Committee to define and implement metadata standards and best practices of data usage and storage.
- Administration of the 2012 Citywide Summer GIS Internship program and supervision of GIS interns working on key City projects.
- Design and produce geographic data and graphics, provide technical support, installation and training to all City departments. Collaboration with departments to establish, customize and strategically implement GIS resources.
July 2009 – May 2011
Custom GIS Consulting for Philadelphia firms and academic institutions, specializing public health and social science GIS
- Drexel University, Division of Graduate Nursing: establishment and analysis of ethnic enclaves for research on the protective social capital of foreign born communities on birth outcomes.
- PlanPhilly, PennPraxis: data collection and spatial analysis of city-wide service access in Philadelphia intended to highlight service deserts.
- University of Philadelphia, History Department: Cartographic production of Mediterranean correspondence maps for upcoming publication.
- Penn Institute for Urban Research design and implementation of a comprehensive outreach strategy for marketing the Urban Spatial Analytics Master's Program at Penn's School of Design
Museum of Archeology and Anthropology, University of Pennsylvania
Fall 2009 - May 2011
Digital Media Center: Gordion Mapping Project
Assists in project management, scanning, archiving and georeferencing excavation plans of the Gordion Archaeology site.
Fels Institute of Government, University of Pennsylvania
Spring 2010 – May 2011
Course Assistant and Tutor for Performance Management Course
Instructed students in understanding and applying GIS skills and designing and executing course projects.
Philadelphia Department of Health: Office of the Health Commissioner
GIS Specialist Intern
Creation of a complete and accurate Geodatabase for area hospitals and spatially analyzing maternity ward closures in Philadelphia.
University of Pennsylvania: School of Design, Philadelphia, PA
Graduated Spring 2010
Masters of Urban Spatial Analytics
Thesis: Measuring the Impact of a Decade of Labor and Delivery Unit Closures in Philadelphia
Temple University, Philadelphia, PA
Graduated Summer 2008
B.A. Geography and Urban Studies, Minors: History and Art History
Member of the International Geographic Honor Society: Gamma Theta Upsilon
Awarded Google Fellowship to attend the 2013 Personal Democracy Forum, New York City, June 2013.
Nomination for the Managing Director's Excellence in Technology Award, City of Philadelphia, March, 2013.
Recipient of People’s Choice Award for Cartographic Production at the 2010 Esri Mid-Atlantic User Group Conference, Philadelphia, PA.
Recipient of Communication Award for Excellence in Map Preparation and Display at the 2010 Esri GIS and Health Conference, Denver, CO.
Awarded Student Assistantship to Attend the 2009 Esri International User Conference in San Diego, CA July 10, 2009.
Participation and Presentation at Professional Meetings
Tarng, D. & S. Cordivano. Utilizing Spatial Analysis to Measure Socioeconomic Change Around New Supermarkets in Urban Food Deserts. Presentation at 2016 Urban Affairs Conference, San Diego, CA. March 17-19.
Cordivano, S. Participation on Panel for Career Readiness for Students at 2015 North American Cartographic Information Society (NACIS). Minneapolis, MN. October 2015.
Cordivano, S & S. Mosley. A Primer in Visualizing and Analyzing Open Data. Workshop at Women in Tech Summit. Philadelphia, PA. April 2015.
Cordivano, S. 2014, Open Data and Tools for Better Spatial Analysis. Presentation at 2014 Mid-Atlantic Chapter of Urban and Regional Information Systems Semi-Annual Meeting, Atlantic City, NJ. Oct. 22-24.
Cordivano, S. 2014, Open Data and Tools for Better Visualization. Presentation at 2014 North America Cartographic Information Society (NACIS), Pittsburgh, PA. Oct. 8-11.
Cordivano, S. 2011. Measuring the Changing Landscape of Maternity Wards in Philadelphia as an Environmental Health Indicator. Presentation of poster at the 2011 Promoting Healthy Communities: Developing and Exploring Linkages Between Public Health Indicators, Exposure and Hazard Data, Washington, DC. Sept. 26-27.
Cordivano, S. 2010. Maternity Ward Closures in Philadelphia: Using GIS Methods to Measure Disruptions in Essential Health Services. Presentation of paper and poster at the 2010 Esri Mid-Atlantic Users Conference, Philadelphia, PA. Nov. 29 - Dec. 1.
Cordivano, S. 2010. Measuring a Decade of Labor and Delivery Unit Closures in Philadelphia. Presentation of paper and poster at the 2010 Esri Health GIS Conference, Denver, CO. Oct. 18-20.
Cordivano, S. 2010. The Transformation of Access to Maternity Care in Philadelphia. Presentation of paper and poster at the 2010 University Consortium of Geographic Information Sciences Summer Assembly, Hilton Head Island, SC. June 15-16.